Advocacy is one of the most important services we provide to our members. Our public policy team works every day to represent the cause of public parks and recreation at the federal level by fighting for funding and legislation that improves access to open space and recreational opportunities for all people.
Learn About Federal Policy and Legislative Issues Impacting Parks and Recreation
Please take time to review these resources to learn about the federal policy and legislative issues impacting parks and recreation and what you can do to help advance the interest of parks and recreation in your community and throughout America.
- Policy Platform - Legislative Platform for NRPA's advocacy efforts.
- Advocacy Action Center - Send messages directly to your members of Congress, learn the status of key legislation, and take direct action to advance the parks and recreation movement.
- Advocacy Insider - NRPA's online advocacy newsletter. Stay informed on federal legislation, national policy developments, and breaking news of importance to parks and recreation. Here you will find the most recent edition of Advocacy Insider as well as archived editions.
- Advocacy Resource Center - From fact sheets and issue briefs, to reports and analysis, to NRPA submitted testimony and official comments, this one stop shop will provide you with all of the tools you need to be an effective advocate for parks and recreation.
- Park Champions - With the support of the NRPA Public Policy team, Park Champions are learning how to be effective advocates by engaging their elected officials with phone calls, letters, sign-ons, and events.
- Urban Parks Coalition - A coalition to support urban parks and the critical role they play in building healthy, livable, and sustainable communities.