Special Notice for CPRP's and CPRE's expiring 9/1/2023:
All Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and petitioned courses must be completed on or within your current certification cycle dates. Credits achieved outside your certification cycle dates are not eligible for the 9/1/2023 renewal period.
CPRP's and CPRE's expiring 9/1/2023 may submit the following documentation by 11/30/2023: Renewal Applications, CEU petitions, PSE Forms and all applicable fees.
Renewal Option 1
Earn 2.0 CEUs within the two-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application. The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $70.00
- Non-Member: $80.00
Download Renewal Application Apply Online
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRP Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits from accredited colleges and universities can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing it by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e., serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU Petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
Renewal Option 2
Successfully retake the CPRP examination.
Apply for CPRP Exam Only
For questions or information on certification renewal, please email us at email@example.com.