Special Notice for CPRP Renewals Expiring September 1, 2021:
All certified professionals expiring September 1, 2021, must complete all 2.0 CEU's required for renewal by end of day 9/1/2021. CEUs earned after September 1, 2021, will not be accepted for this renewal cycle.
All Renewal Applications, CEU Petition Forms, PSE Forms, and all associated documents and fees will be accepted until November 30, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current circumstances, NRPA and the National Certification Board will extend your CPRP certification expiration date by six months upon request. This extension would update a September 1, 2021 expiration to March 1, 2022. Certified professionals who request an extension will maintain a new two-year certification cycle beginning and ending in March for future certification renewals. Certified professionals who have already received an extension from March 1, 2021 to September 1, 2021 are not eligible for an additional extension unless granted through appeal. Eligible parties may request an extension online through the My NRPA tab in your NRPA Profile by November 30, 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CPRP is more than just letters after your name — it is an investment in your career that demonstrates your practical knowledge and the current real-world skills necessary in today’s changing park and recreation environment. Maintaining up-to-date certification demonstrates your dedication to professional development to employers, fellow professionals and the community. CPRP certification is valid for two years.
You have two options to renew your certification:
Renewal Option 1
Earn 2.0 CEUs within the two-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application, The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $65.00
- Non-Member: $75.00
Download Renewal Application Apply Online
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRP Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing it by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e., serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU Petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
Renewal Option 2
Successfully retake the CPRP examination.
Apply for CPRP Exam Only
For questions or information on certification renewal, please email us at email@example.com.