Renewal Option 1
Individuals retake the AFO examination to renew their certification. This may be achieved by taking the examination in coordination with an AFO Course.
AFO Course Schedule
by contacting a professional testing site and completing the AFO Exam Application.
Off Site Exam Form
Renewal Option 2
Completion of 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in aquatics operations and management field. Aquatic Facility Operator Instructors (AFOIs) must renew their base AFO certification using renewal option 2.
AFO Renewal Application
Please ensure that you review the AFO Renewal Application prior to earning CEUs. AFOs must earn .5 CEUs in Group A and Group B noted on the application.
How to Earn CEUs towards your AFO Renewal
- Attend Aquatics Education Session at the NRPA Annual Conference
- 2017 Aquatics Education Sessions Include:
- Designing for Inclusivity: Accessible Play Experiences in the Aquatic Splashpad Environment
- Managing Risk When Failure Is Not an Option
- Drownings in Pools with Lifeguards on Duty: Why Submerged Victims Go Unnoticed
- Three Months of Aquatic Operation Equals One Year’s Worth of Work
- Reinventing the Urban Aquatics System
- Aquatic Management: Training and Mentoring Senior Staff
- MAHC: Are You Ready
- Why Chlorine Doesn’t Cut it: Secondary Sanitizers Risk vs. Reward
- OSI: Designing & Building a Water Park: Touring BREC’s Liberty Lagoon Flowrider Expansion
- Diving into Diversity: Attracting, Training and Growing a Diverse Aquatic Team
- How Loyal Are Your Customers…After the Waterpark Explodes?
- Water Wisdom: Planning, Designing and Maintaining Water Play Destinations
- Spray Play for All: designing Inclusive Spray Grounds and Splash Parks
- Taking Camps SAFELY to the POOL
- The Third-Party Candidate: Other Options in Aquatic Lessons and Certification
- Completing a CEU Petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
AFO Renewal Candidates can access a copy of their NRPA Official Transcript in the online Certification Center. Documentation of credit earned through third party organizations, including state affiliates, must be requested from the organization that originally awarded the credit.
For any questions pertaining to AFO renewal, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org