This July, explore everything your local parks and recreation has to offer! Playgrounds, rec centers, sports leagues, summer camps — these are just a few of the things that come to mind when we think of parks and rec. But, parks and recreation is so much more than that. During Park and Recreation Month, NRPA challenges you to explore the “undiscovered” roles of local parks and recreation, like science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programming; senior programs; innovative health and wellness opportunities; community celebrations; outdoor education; flood mitigation; maintenance; and more! Redefine how you think about your local parks and rec, and uncover a lifetime of discovery!
Get Updates for 2018 Park and Recreation Month
Sign up for our email list to be the first to know about all things relating to Park and Recreation Month including the theme announcement, contest opportunities and more.
2018 Park and Recreation Month Official Supporters
- Afterschool Alliance
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- America Walks
- American Public Health Association
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
- California Park & Recreation Society
- Children & Nature Network
- Food and Research Action Center (FRAC)
- Global Obesity Prevention Center (GOPC) at Johns Hopkins University
- Georgia Recreation and Park Association
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Meals on Wheels America
- National Afterschool Association
- National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
- National Institute on Aging
- National League of Cities
- Osteoarthritis Action Alliance
- Partnership for a Healthier America
- Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Share Our Strength
- Southwest Airlines
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation
- The Urban Land Institute
- Wisconsin Park and Recreation Association
Park and Recreation Month Resources
We've got everything you need to participate in Park and Recreation Month this July! Not sure where to start? Check out our Quick Start Guide below. Once you're ready to start promoting Park and Recreation Month to your community, we've got you covered with the toolkit, which contains the poster, calendar, logos, graphics and much more! And, if your agency is hosting a Park and Recreation Month Open House on July 21, be sure to add your event below!
Keep checking back as we continue to add resources. We can't wait to celebrate A Lifetime of Discovery with you this July!