Maintaining up-to-date certification demonstrates your dedication to professional development to employers, fellow professionals and the community.CPRE certification is valid for three years.
To maintain your CPRE certification, you must earn 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within the three-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application, The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $95.00
- Non-Member: $125.00
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRE Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e. serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU Petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs