Special Notice for CPRE Renewals Expiring March 1, 2022:
All certified professionals expiring March 1, 2022, must complete all 3.0 CEU's required for renewal by end of day March 1, 2022. CEUs earned after March 1, 2022, will not be accepted for this renewal cycle.
All Renewal Applications, CEU Petition Forms, PSE Forms, and all associated documents and fees will be accepted until May 31, 2022.
Renewal Option 1
Earn 3.0 CEUs within the three-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application, The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $95.00
- Non-Member: $125.00
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRE Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing it by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e. serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
Renewal Option 2
Successfully retake the CPRE examination.
Apply for CPRE Exam Only
For questions or information on certification renewal, please email us at email@example.com.