Maintaining up-to-date certification demonstrates your dedication to professional development to employers, fellow professionals and the community. CPRE certification is valid for three years.
You have two option to renew your certification:
Renewal Option 1
Earn 3.0 CEUs within the three-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application, The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $95.00
- Non-Member: $125.00
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRE Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing it by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e. serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
Renewal Option 2
Successfully retake the CPRP examination.
Apply for CPRE Exam Only
For questions or information on certification renewal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.