Special Notice for Certified Professionals Expiring September 1st 2020:
All certified professionals expiring September 1st 2020 must complete all 2.0 CEU's required for renewal by end of day 9/1/2020. CEUs earned after 9/1/2020 will not be accepted for this renewal cycle. Renewal Applications, CEU Petition Forms, PSE Forms and associated documents and fees will be accepted until 11/30/2020.
The special notice does not apply if a renewal extension request has been submitted to email@example.com. Updated details will be provided to all certified professionals who have submitted an extension request to this address. If your CPRP or CPRE Certification expires 9/1/2020 and you would like to submit an extension request, please send all renewal deadline extension requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and processing.
Maintaining up-to-date certification demonstrates your dedication to professional development to employers, fellow professionals and the community.CPRE certification is valid for three years.
To maintain your CPRE certification, you must earn 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within the three-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application, The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $95.00
- Non-Member: $125.00
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRE Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e. serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU Petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs