Special Notice for Certified Professionals Expiring March 1, 2021:
All certified professionals expiring March 1, 2021 must complete all 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for renewal by the end of the day, March 1, 2021. CEUs earned after this date will not be accepted for this renewal cycle. Renewal applications, CEU petition forms, Professional Service Experience forms and associated documents and fees will be accepted until May 31, 2021.
Due to the current circumstances, the National Certification Board and NRPA will extend your CPRE certification expiration date by six months upon request, this would update a March 1, 2021 expiration to September 1, 2021. Certified professionals who request an extension will maintain a new three-year certification cycle beginning and ending in September. Certified professionals who have received an extension from September 1, 2020 to March 1, 2021 are not eligible for an additional extension unless granted through appeal. Eligible parties may request an extension online through the My NRPA tab in your NRPA Profile by May 31, 2021 .
Maintaining up-to-date certification demonstrates your dedication to professional development to employers, fellow professionals and the community. CPRE certification is valid for three years.
You have two option to renew your certification:
Renewal Option 1
Earn 3.0 CEUs within the three-year certification cycle and submit a completed recertification application, The recertification application can either be downloaded or completed online in the Online Certification Center.
Renewal Application Fees
- Member: $95.00
- Non-Member: $125.00
How to Earn CEUs Towards CPRE Certification Renewal
- Attend the NRPA Annual Conference, state conferences, local events and trainings that offer CEUs
- Complete online learning courses and webinars that offer CEUs
- Complete college or university credits
- Academic credits can be transferred to CEU equivalents by taking the total number of classroom instructional hours and dividing it by 10
- Earn Professional Service Experience (PSE) Points through contributions to the parks and recreation field via NRPA or a state affiliate (i.e. serving as a committee chair, speaking at a conference, serving as an accreditation visitor, etc.)
- Complete a CEU petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
Renewal Option 2
Successfully retake the CPRP examination.
Apply for CPRE Exam Only
For questions or information on certification renewal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.