Park and recreation professionals provide essential services to their communities. Becoming a Certified Park and Recreation Executive (CPRE) will not only keep your skills sharp, but also give you prominence in the field. Earning your CPRE will bring you to the pinnacle of the profession and demonstrate you as the true leader you are.
Why Become a CPRE?
The CPRE certification is the highest level a park and recreation professional can reach and will give you many career advantages, including:
- Demonstrating leadership in all aspects of managing a park and recreation department.
- Mastering policy development and the management of fiscal, property and personnel resources.
- Gaining an edge over other candidates when a promotion opportunity pops up or your dream job calls.
- Joining an elite group of more than 400 CPREs who have committed to advancing our field.
The CPRE certification is designed for professionals at the mid-level or above. CPRE candidates must meet education and experience requirements to qualify for the exam.* Please review changes to the CPRE eligibility requirements, which went into effect on January 1, 2023.
*Qualifying documentation is not required at the time of initial application; however, some applications will be randomly selected for audit to ensure the accuracy and validity of the data provided.
How to Become a CPRE
To become a CPRE, you must meet the eligibility requirements above, submit an application and pass the CPRE exam. To get started, complete the online application and pay the application and exam fee. CPRE certification is valid for three years.
Apply By Mail
Not a CPRP? No problem, sign up for both exams at the same time for a discounted rate. Applicants must qualify for both exams, please complete and submit the CPRP & CPRE Dual Application.
Individual CPRE Application and Exam Fees
- $345 for NRPA Members
- $404 for non-NRPA members
Learn More About The Exam
Group Discount Packages
- Premier Agency Package – NRPA’s Premier members can now save up to $95 dollars on applications by applying for a group discount.
- Agency Package – Allows for 3 or more individuals to apply for a group discount regardless of membership status with NRPA (additional fees may apply).
- University Package – Your University’s faculty, staff and students may apply for group discounts on application fees and study materials through NRPA.
CPRE Prep Materials and Resources
Access the CPRE Candidate Handbook, Procedures Manual, special testing accommodation forms and other resources to help you become a CPRE.
Prep Materials And Resources
For questions or further information on CPRE certification, please review the CPRE Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com.