Ready to see your agency highlighted on the cover of Parks & Recreation magazine? Then round up your top photos and submit them for the 2017 Park and Recreation Month Cover Contest!
We’re collecting photos that tell a great story for a chance to be featured on the July 2017 issue of Parks & Recreation in celebration of Park and Recreation Month. We’ll choose the top photos and put them to a public vote on Facebook. The photo with the most social power (likes) will win the coveted cover spot!
- March 31, 2017: photo submissions due
- April 19, 2017: finalists selected and notified
- May 22, 2017: finalists put to public vote on Facebook
- May 26, 2017: finalist with the most “likes” by 3 p.m. ET wins!
Tips for a Great Submission
- Submit a photo with an interesting and compelling story behind it — maybe of a unique program or community park champion. A great photo should tell a great story. Keep NRPA’s Three Pillars in mind. You can share this story in the comments section of your photo upload.
- Submit a photo that includes people in it.
- Submissions must be high-resolution at a minimum of 300 dpi and at least 9.25 inches wide by 11 inches tall.
- Consider how the Parks & Recreation logo will fit over your photo.
Questions can be sent to NRPA Communications Manager Roxanne Sutton.
By submitting images, you are confirming that you have all legal rights to the image, consent of those pictured in the image and understand that submitted images may be used by NRPA in printed materials, websites and on social media.
NRPA offers no compensation for any images or videos.
Images selected for use will be judged on uniqueness and appropriateness. Not all images submitted will be used.
Due to editorial changes, NRPA reserves the right to change the topic of the July 2017 cover photo and not use a submitted image as the cover.