March 12-13, 2015
Hosted by: NRPA and Miami-Dade Parks Recreation and Open Space
The first Innovation Lab incorporated interactive learning experiences with tours of the Miami-Dade County park system while leveraging some of Miami's regional and health planning experience to help directors and agency leaders learn about and discuss innovative solutions to our community's biggest health challenges. Attendance was capped at 40 to ensure the opportunity for dialogue, networking, and information sharing.
- How can Park and Rec play a role in regional/community planning?
- What specific policies can help P&R agencies be a player in the public health discussion?
- What health based partnerships generate the most bang for the buck for P&R agencies, and how do I build them?
- Building a Healthy Community
- Complete Park Systems
- Fit 2 Play Afterschool Program
- Heal Cities Campaign Model
- Health Built Environment
- Public Health Trends
- Recreation Plan Summary
View photos from the Miami event below!
For questions or more information contact Michele White, NRPA’s Director of Strategic Initiatives and Governance firstname.lastname@example.org