The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and The Walt Disney Company (Disney) are continuing their long-standing collaboration to fund grants and technical assistance that will help ensure all children — no matter the color of their skin, sexual orientation, parent income or ability — have access to youth sports and play opportunities that improve their health and the health of communities throughout the country. These grantees will also be using best practices to safely return to play as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since 2015, NRPA and Disney have collaborated on more than 130 park improvement projects. These have included Earth Month campaigns and play space projects that are positively impacting the lives of more than 1 million children and families by increasing access to healthier lifestyles and safe, inclusive and innovative play spaces to enjoy for years to come.
Our 2020 grant recipients are:
- Los Angeles County, CA – Lennox Park
- City of Santa Clarita, CA – Pop-up Play for All
- City of Bristol, CT – Rockwell Park
- City of Orlando, FL – Emery Hamilton Sports Complex
- Broadview, IL – Schroeder Park
- Town of Vivian, LA – Schroeder Park
- City of Quincy, MA – Snug Harbor Park
- City of Mexico, MO - Garfield Park
- Durham, NC – Fun Caravan
- City of Pierre, SD – Community Pool
- West Valley City, UT – Parkway Park
- Evanston, WY – Bear Meadows
Learn more about this program in our press release.
Additional Youth Sports Resources
- COVID-19 and the Changing Face of Youth Sports - Coming Soon
- NRPA Report on Youth Sports - Coming Soon