Homelessness in Parks
Los Angeles, California
January 25-27, 2017
NRPA, in conjunction with Los Angeles Parks and Recreation, brought together park and recreation leaders to discuss their role in supporting innovative efforts to eliminate homelessness nationwide. Using case studies and examples from Los Angeles and around the country, participants in this Innovation Lab learned from thought leaders from both inside and outside the field on eliminating homelessness while providing public parks and recreation centers for all users.
What Was Learned:
- The state of homelessness in America, and how federal, state and city agencies across the nation are doing to address homelessness.
- How park and recreation departments across the nation are working under city mandates and across agencies to end homelessness.
- Best practices from park and recreation agencies on how they’re meeting their missions of providing safe, accessible park and recreation services for all users.
- View the event agenda.
- Webinar: What is Park and Rec's Role in Combating Homelessness? (February 9, 2017)
Presentations and Materials:
- Stories and Statistics: Understanding Homelessness in our Parks and Cities
- Homelessness (NAEH Presentation)
- Homelessness in Parks: A summary of results from an NRPA membership survey
View photos from the Los Angeles event below!
For questions or more information contact Michele White, NRPA’s Director of Strategic Initiatives and Governance firstname.lastname@example.org