NRPA encourages you to use the information provided here to showcase your participation in the NRPA Directors School. As a participant and/or graduate, you are among a select group of parks and recreation professionals—you didn’t just attend, you applied and were accepted! Please use these tools to share your dedication to the parks and recreation profession with your friends, with your colleagues, and with the local media. Congratulations on your acceptance into this elite program.
As a participant or graduate of Directors School, please feel to show your involvement by using the NRPA Directors School logo in your email signature or through your social media channels.
Sharing your completion of the NRPA Directors School is a great way to get positive local press while showing your agency’s commitment to the profession.
You can’t ask for a better location for learning than Oglebay. Feel free to use these photos on Facebook, share through your Twitter account, or post to your personal web site. All photos courtesy of Oglebay.
Sample Email Signatures
Show your pride through your email signature. We have shared some samples you are welcome to use—or you can come up with your own!
Sample Social Media Messages
Social media is a great way to share your involvement before, during and after NRPA’s Directors School. Here are some sample tweets and Facebook posts for your use.
Before Directors School
Registered and ready for Year 1 of @NRPA_News #DirectorsSchool! Can’t wait to meet with the other #park & rec pros http://ow.ly/l8JaW
I’m investing in my career and [@ agency/dept] by attending Year 2 of @NRPA_News #DirectorsSchool! http://ow.ly/l8JaW
Facebook: Just registered for Year [1/2] of Directors School through @National Recreation and Park Association. Can’t wait to get started. Here’s what I’ll be doing! http://ow.ly/l8JaW
During Directors School
Just finished my first session at #DirectorsSchool! Can’t wait to apply what I’ve learned on [topic] [@ agency/dept] http://ow.ly/l8JaW [or post picture]
Back for Year 2 of @NRPA_News #DirectorsSchool! Ready to learn and graduate at the end of the week. http://ow.ly/l8JaW [or post picture]
Facebook: Made it to Oglebay in Wheeling, WV! Just finished up a session on [topic]. Can’t wait to get home and start implementing these new ideas! [Include picture from Directors School]
After Directors School
Completed Year 1 of #DirectorsSchool! I’ll be applying what I learned all year [@agency/dept]. Can’t wait for next year! http://ow.ly/l8JaW
Just graduated from #DirectorsSchool! I’ve invested in my career [@agency/dept] and encourage others to do the same! http://ow.ly/l8JaW
Facebook: I just [completed Year 1 of] OR [graduated from] Directors School. It was a great time and I’ll be applying what I learned all year at [@agency/dept]! http://ow.ly/l8JaW
Congrats! You just completed two years of professional development that has hopefully left you inspired and invigorated in your career.
Here are a few things to do right now:
- Update your email signature. Let everyone you correspond with know you are a graduate of Directors School! Feel free to use the samples we have provided or come up with your own.
- Let your community know that you are a graduate of the Directors School – after all, they’ll see how much you value the community, parks and recreation and your role!
- Update the included press release or work with your public information office or communications staff to complete the release.
- Send it to local print and online news outlets in your community for their consideration to run in the news.
- Need help? Contact the NRPA Communications Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get media coverage? Tell us about it! Send a link to your article to email@example.com.
- Share your experience and the fact that you completed Directors School on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Use the provided Directors School logo and sample posts to share the news.
- If you don’t participate in social media personally, but your agency does, have your social media manager or the person that updates your social media sites create a post about your accomplishment using the samples provided.
- Provide a testimonial or write a blog post on your experience at Directors School. If you are interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep NRPA updated on how you put what you learned at Directors School to use. Did you score a new position? Increase your current roles/responsibility? We want to know! Email us!