NRPA is now offering discounted Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification (CPRP) packages for Universities.
The Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification is one of the most sought-after certifications in the park and recreation profession.
Ensure your students enter the field with the credentials needed to be competitive in the job market.
The CPRP certification is an assurance to employers that the applicant has the base knowledge in the field of parks and recreation.
More than ever employers are requiring the CPRP certification as a prerequisite in the hiring process.
Why should your University program take part in the program?
- Reduced application and exam fees for students
- Recognition on the NRPA website for your participation in the program
- Student outcome report
What is the student outcome report?
Each University that purchases a package will receive a customized report based on the CPRP content outline. The report will include the overall results for your students based on each of the content areas of the exam including; General Administration, Programming and Operations Management.
Regular Student Rate - $240*
Certification Packages and Pricing
3-4 Candidates - $210*/person
5-9 Candidates - $195*/person
10-14 Candidates - $180*/person
15+ Candidates - $165*/person
- Have received, or are set to receive, a Bachelor’s degree from a program accredited by the Council on Accreditation(Students who have not yet graduated from an COA accredited program with a major in recreation, park resources, and leisure services but are in their final semester on campus may be able to qualify for exam status)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from any institution in recreation, park resources, or leisure services; and also have no less than 1 year of full-time experience in the field
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a major other than recreation, park resources, or leisure services; and also have no less than 3 years of full-time experience in the field
- Have an Associate's degree and 4 years of full-time experience in the field
- Have a high school degree or equivalent, and have 5 years of full-time experience in the field
- Identify the “University Package” you would like to purchase
- Identify prospective students to apply for the CPRP certification
- Complete the University Application.
For more information on the CPRP certification please contact the National Recreation and Park Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.626.6772.