Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Cost: $0 - Free
Sam Snow, director of coaching for U.S. Youth Soccer, will provide guidance for first-time and inexperienced youth sport coaches on managing a team, preparing for the season, planning and running training sessions, developing players, and more.
Snow will cover topics that include the following:
- Four elements of coach preparation
- Five characteristics of an effective coach
- Training vs. practice—understanding the difference
- Player-centered approach to training
- Training and season plans—plan the practice and practice the plan
While Sam’s background is soccer, coaches of all sports will benefit from his years of experience working with youth sport programs and athletes. Sport administrators will also gain valuable insights on working effectively with coaches.