Healthy Aging Through Mustang Parks and Recreation
August 2018 Winner: Since 2014, City of Mustang (OK) Parks and Recreation Senior Center has been offering evidence-based physical activity programs targeted at older adults with chronic conditions.
How Do You Promote Healthy Aging in Parks? Monthly Contest
More and more local park and recreation agencies are beginning to offer evidence-based physical activity programs for older adults. Why? Because these programs are designed to help the participants combat chronic diseases and improve their health and wellbeing.
Between February 2018 and October 2018, showcase how your agency is engaging and empowering older adults in your community to live healthier lives.
The winning 300-500 words success story and photo(s) submission must be submitted by the 26th of each month, and will shared on social media and NRPA’s Healthy Aging in Parks web page.
Hereafter, you will receive a reminder on the first Friday of every month. The winner will be notified at the beginning of the following month.
Each month, one winner will be:
- Awarded a $100 visa gift card to support the physical activity program
- Featured on social media and NRPA’s Healthy Aging in Parks web page, blogs, articles, etc., as applicable.
Rules of Submission
- A success story can feature a single or multiple participants, and must be accompanied by one or more photos
- Photo(s) must show older adults actively engaging in physical activity
- Max of 3 submissions per agency per month
For more information please contact the Healthy Aging in Parks Team.