Congratulations to Lynbrook Recreation Commission (Physical Activity for Older Adults of All Abilities) and the City of Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation (Tai Chi in Lake Oswego). Read their stories to learn about how they are promoting healthy aging in park and recreation settings.
How Do You Promote Healthy Aging in Parks? Monthly Contest
As health and wellness leaders in your communities, we want to hear from you! Between February 2019 and August 2019, submit up to three, 300 to 500 word short stories by the 26th of the month that showcase how your agency is engaging and improving the lives of older adults in your community through a variety of programs and services including:
- Physical activity programs
- Nutrition/meal programs
- Special events (for example, older adult health fair or other events)
- Intergenerational programs (for example mentorship, volunteering)
Each month, two winners will be:
- Awarded a $50 Visa gift card to support the healthy aging program
- Featured on social media and on NRPA’s Healthy Aging in Parks webpage and success story database
Your story could also be featured on NRPA's Open Space blog or through Parks & Recreation magazine.
Rules of Submission:
- A story can feature single or multiple participants, and must be accompanied by one or more photos
- Photo(s) must show older adults engaging in the program or event
- Max of three submissions per agency per month
Submit Your Success Story