Current Grant Opportunities
Grants Available for Out-of-School Time Programs – Apply Today!
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is pleased to announce the availability of grant funds from the Walmart Foundation to support children’s health through park and recreation out-of-school time programs. Grants in 2016 will focus on four main goals:
1. Increase the number of healthy meals children in low-income communities receive through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) during out-of-school times;
2. Provide nutrition literacy to children and families that creates behavior change by teaching the importance of healthy eating;
3. Implement nutrition standards that increase access to healthier foods and support a healthy eating environment; and
4. Promote meal and program efficiencies that will decrease food waste and lead to more sustainable meal programs.
- Be a local government agency (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, etc.)
- Serve meals/snacks through both the SFSP and the CACFP in 2016. If you are not currently serving meals through both SFSP and CACFP, please indicate how you plan to start a program in your application.
- Did not receive funding from NRPA in 2014 or 2015 for the out-of-school time programs grant.
Applicants not meeting all of the above requirements are not eligible for this grant.
Availability of Funding
One-year grants are available and are expected to range from $25,000 to $35,000. Matching funds are not required.
Use of Funds
Grant funds will be designated for expenditures that help local park and recreation agencies achieve the stated goals of the program: increase healthy meals served to children; provide evidence-based nutrition literacy to children; implement nutrition and physical activity standards; and promote meal and program efficiencies that will lead to more sustainable meal programs.
If you have questions about this grant opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Due Date
Applications are due at midnight ET on Monday, March 7, 2016. It is anticipated that NRPA will notify all applicants by April 4, 2016.
Applications must be submitted online. Access
the application here.
If you are interested in learning more about NRPA's fundraising resources please contact Rebecca Wickline at 703.858.2163.