The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) periodically posts information about grant and fundraising opportunities that are available for park and recreation agencies.
Current Grant Opportunities
Instructor Training for Adults 50+ Physical Activity Programs Grant Opportunity
NRPA, with the support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is pleased to announce the Instructor Training for Adults 50+ Physical Activity Programs Grant to expand the delivery of Walk with Ease and Active Living Every Day in local P&R agencies. A total of 300 Instructor Training grants will be awarded.
Grant applications are due Friday, December 16th.
Fundraising Strategies Online Class
NRPA provides online learning resources, including an online class for fundraising.
This course teaches fundamental best practices and principles of effective and strategic fundraising for park and recreation agencies. CEUs: 0.3
Member: $50 | Non-Member: $65
Independent Fundraising Resources
When looking for funding and grants, there are many resources available on the Internet. Below are just a few suggestions on where to start your research.
- Foundation Center: Provides both training and research information on corporate and foundation grant programs. The grants database is a collection of thousands of grants.
- Guidestar: An excellent source of IRS 990 forms for foundations and other non-profit organizations.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: The Chronicle is a newspaper for non-profit news publishing, fundraising trends, resources, and recent grants.
- Non-profit Times: Non-profit management newspaper.
- Hoovers: Profiles millions of U.S. companies. It is a great source for employee contact information.
- Fortune Magazine: A resource for identifying companies by state and industry.
- Leadership Directories
- Google, Yahoo Finance, and other general search engines.
- Newspapers and magazines like the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, New York Times.
If you are interested in learning more about NRPA's fundraising resources please contact Rachel Banner at 703.858.2159.