The Playground Maintenance Course is a one-day (6.25 hour) educational course that covers the following topics – an overview of playground safety standards and guidelines, playground owner responsibilities and maintenance discussions on playground equipment, surfacing and site items.
Why Host a Course?
- It is the most cost-effective way to train your staff in proper maintenance and repair techniques, hazard identification and much more.
- Opening registration to the public will turn your Playground Maintenance Course into a revenue generator.
- Hosting is as easy as securing a location, inviting participants, and partnering with an instructor. The Playground Maintenance Course is hosted in a classroom and includes an afternoon site visit to a local playground.
How to Host
- Secure an instructor and confirm details including location, date and instructor fees. (A complete Host Handbook is available to assist you with planning. Request a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once the instructor and course details are confirmed, fill out a course reservation form and send it to email@example.com (Please specify if your course registration will be private or public because that will determine whether your course posts to our online classroom calendar or not).
- Order course manuals through the NRPA online store. Only course hosts may purchase course manuals. Once your course gets scheduled, you'll receive a direct web link to order course manuals.
Note that a Playground Maintenance Course Host Agreement must be signed and submitted annually to NRPA to host courses.