Open Space is the official blog and podcast of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA).
The blog is updated on a regular basis with posts from NRPA staff and members and experts and thought leaders from in and outside of the field of parks and recreation.
Open Space Radio is a weekly podcast hosted by Roxanne Sutton and other NRPA staff members. The podcast covers the latest trends and news in the field of parks and recreation and aims to cover unique and interesting stories.
- Drones in Parks: Part 3. Opportunities, Innovative Uses and the Future — Episode 008
- Drones in Parks: Part 2. To Fly or Not to Fly: How Park Managers Manage Drones — Episode 007
- Drones in Parks: Part 1. Policy, Drone Zones and Resources for Land Managers — Episode 006
- How Cities and Local Parks are Celebrating the American Solar Eclipse — Episode 004
- Americans Are Staying Put and It’s Affecting All of Us — Episode 003
- Hot Topics: Pokémon Go is Back in the News, Recreation Fees and Cool Streets — Episode 002
- Why the World’s First Ultra-Accessible Waterpark is the Coolest - Episode 001
- NRPA Launches Podcast: Open Space Radio - Episode 000
To share story ideas, contact Roxanne Sutton.