Renewal Option 1
Individuals retake the AFO examination to renew their certification. This may be achieved by taking the examination in coordination with an AFO Course.
AFO Course Schedule
by contacting a professional testing site and completing the AFO Exam Application.
Off Site Exam Form
Renewal Option 2
Completion of 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in aquatics operations and management field. Aquatic Facility Operator Instructors (AFOIs) must renew their base AFO certification using renewal option 2.
AFO Renewal Application
Please ensure that you review the AFO Renewal Application prior to earning CEUs. AFOs must earn .5 CEUs in Group A and Group B noted on the application.
How to Earn CEUs towards your AFO Renewal
- Attend Aquatics Education Session at the NRPA Annual Conference
- 2016 Aquatics Education Sessions Included:
- Make a Splash: Creating Inclusive Water Play Destinations
- The Benefits and Pitfalls of Outsourcing Aquatic Operations: Choose Wisely
- Fun Facts and Water Safety Stats: The Water Safety Numbers Game
- Effectively Managing Multiple Aquatic Facilities
- The Jury is Out: New Aquatic Court Cases (2016 ed).
- Serving Diverse and Special Populations at your Aquatic Facility
- Lifeguard Planning that Makes Scene - Young and Dumb Rescuers!
- Recreation Center Standards Manual
- Experiential Aquatics: building Fundamentals for Accessible and Inclusive Programming
- 2017 Official Aquatics Track will be Announced Soon!
- Completing a CEU Petition for equivalent credits for courses, institutes, and workshops that do not directly offer CEUs
AFO Renewal Candidates can access a copy of their NRPA Official Transcript in the online Certification Center. Documentation of credit earned through third party organizations, including state affiliates, must be requested from the organization that originally awarded the credit.
For any questions pertaining to AFO renewal, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org