Show Us Your #SuperParkSelfie
This July, we want you to discover your super powers at your local parks and rec! To see just how SUPER you are, we are challenging you to take a #SuperParkSelfie every week this July. Head out to your nearest park or recreation center and show us how parks and rec super power your life.
Each week has a different selfie theme. You’ll be able to submit your selfie via this page, Facebook or by sharing the photo on Twitter and Instagram with #SuperParkSelfie and #SuperJuly.
We’ll be awarding a $500 Amazon gift card weekly starting on July 11. Submit your selfies following these weekly themes to win!
- July 4-10: Selfie with nature!
- July 11-17: Selfie doing something healthy!
- July 18-24: Selfie with your friends and community!
- July 25-31: Selfie showing your superhero side!
How to Enter:
- Take a selfie in your local or park or recreation area—make sure it follows the weekly theme.
- Submit it via this page, Facebook, or by uploading to Twitter or Instagram with #SuperParkSelfie and #SuperJuly.
- Winners will be randomly selected and notified 7/11, 7/18, 7/25 and 8/1. NRPA will reach out to award the prize.
IMPORTANT CONTEST UPDATE
: It was brought to our attention that online contest scammers were using multiple Facebook accounts and a network of other scammers to skew the votes in their favor. To address this issue, starting with the second week of the contest (July 11-17 with winners being announced July 18), we are changing the nature of this contest from a “win by majority vote” to a “win by random selection” contest. We hope this allows more fairness in the contest moving forward. The contest scammers have been disqualified from the contest overall. Additionally, to respect the work that entrants did to secure votes for the first week of the contest, we are still awarding the prize to the photo with the most votes that both matches the theme and is not a suspected scammer. Thank you for participating in Park and Recreation Month and the #SuperParkSelfie contest! If you have any questions, please reach out to Roxanne Sutton
Please note, Park and Recreation Month is a family-friendly activity. Please no distasteful or vulgar photos. Photos are subject to review before posting to the gallery. Users may enter more than one photo per week into the contest, however, each entry submitted must be substantially different than all subsequent entries. If a user is chosen as a winner, they are not eligible for future weekly prizes. Please refer to Official Rules for details on the contest and claiming prizes. Winners will be contacted via email or a direct message from NRPA on Instagram or Twitter and must accept the prize within 24 hours.
Incorporate the #SuperParkSelfie Contest into Your Activities
- With parental permission if needed, take selfies with your summer camp participants for each week’s theme.
- Use social media to challenge your community members to complete the weekly theme in your own park and recreation facilities.
- Set up selfie stations in your park and recreation facilities related to each week’s theme. Include the hashtags #SuperParkSelfie and #SuperJuly!
Other Ways to Get Involved in Park and Recreation Month
There are lots of ways you can get involved with Park and Recreation Month—whether you’re a park and recreation professional or park and recreation super fan! You can get involved by: