The typical park and recreation agency offers one park for every 2,181 residents served, with 10.1 acres of parkland per 1,000 residents. But park and recreation agencies are as diverse as the communities that they serve, and what works well for one agency may not be best for your agency. Therefore, you need data to best identify the best practices to optimally serve your community.
That's where the 2019 NRPA Agency Performance Review comes in. This report is the most comprehensive resource of data and insights for park and recreation agencies in the United States, and has 23 figures highlighting critical park and recreation metrics.
Read the Report
Interact with the Data
Dig deeper into the agency performance data with these interactive figures presenting detailed crosstabs of the data for every table and chart presented in the 2019 NRPA Agency Performance Review:
- Park Facilities (residents per park, acres of park land, indoor and outdoor facilities)
- Programming (programs offered and programs for children, seniors, people w/ disabilities)
- Responsibilities of Park and Recreation Agencies (spanning from operating parks and facilities to programming types)
- Staffing (FTE counts and key staff responsibilities)
- Budget (operating expenditures including per capita, FTEs, per acre)
- Agency Funding (sources of funding, cost recovery, capital spending)
- Policies (tobacco, alcohol, healthy food options, fees)