1. Think about your experiences in parks and recreation when you were younger. Maybe you went to the park for family picnics, played basketball at the rec center or learned to swim at the public pool. Whatever it is, you probably have a park and rec story! How did it shape you?
2. Share your story on video! Cell phone videos are perfect. Take a selfie video or ask a friend! In the video you should answer these prompts. Try to keep your video short (15 to 45 seconds). If you need more inspiration, check out the sample scripts below.
a. Hi, I’m ______ and I’m a park and rec kid because____________________________.
b. I challenge you to get out to your local park and then share why you’re a park and rec kid too!
Feel free to challenge your family and friends to share their story! Call ‘em out in the video and tag them in your social posts!
3. Kids Video Park Reviews. Share #ImAParkAndRecKid with the next generation! If you’re raising a park and rec kid, next time you’re at the park, take a few moments to ask your kids these five quick questions and upload the video to your favorite social media account using #ImAParkAndRecKid and tagging us. If your child is more of a writer, they can also write their responses and you can post the image on social media or submit it below! If we like your child’s review, we’ll reshare it and send you a special surprise!
#ImAParkAndRecKid Park Review Questions:
- What’s your first name and how old are you?
- Where do you like to play at this park?
- What’s your favorite thing about this park?
- What would you add to this park?
Completed a review and want us to send your child a fun gift? Submit your information below.