The CPSI classroom course trains individuals to identify hazards on public playgrounds and playground equipment, how to rank those hazards according to injury potential and how to apply that knowledge and establish a playground safety program. The course covers the material necessary to pass the Certified Playground Safety Inspector certification exam.
Individuals taking the CPSI Classroom Course will gain practical, hands-on training on how to apply the ASTM standards and the CPSC guidelines to playground environments. Upon completion of the CPSI course an individual should be capable of establishing a sound risk reduction program, establish a system of repair, retrofit and removal of hazardous equipment and establish a routine inspection system.
Who should attend
- playground owner/operators
- health inspectors
- daycare staff
- school and park maintenance personnel
- risk reduction managers
- playground installers
- insurance agents
All course attendees receive the following materials:
- ASTM F1487 Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specifications for Playground Equipment for Public Use
- CPSC Handbook for Public Playground Safety
- ASTM F2223 Standard Guide for ASTM Standards on Playground Surfacing
- ASTM F2373 Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specification for Public Use Play Equipment for Children 6 Months through 23 Months
- Supplemental material and in class workbook material