On today’s episode of Open Space Radio, we are diving into the dynamic world where recreation and technology intersect.
The Las Vegas Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs department has always been at the forefront of innovative ideas, and today's episode is all about one of their latest projects — the Becker Technology Center and Recreation Park. I’m excited to be joined by some incredible individuals who've been driving this innovative space forward.
My guests today from Las Vegas Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs are Priscilla Scott, a recreation coordinator; Phillip Payne, a recreation leader; and Jasmine Barrett, a recreation leader. They are joining me today from the Becker Technology Center – and specifically from their very cool podcast studio, which I’m a bit envious of.
Tune in to the full episode below to learn about the center and how it’s benefiting members of the community when it comes to bringing together the energy of play and the endless possibilities of technology.
You’ll also learn:
- How the Becker Technology Center will increase access to technology, recreation and learning opportunities for the community
- How the center bridges the gap between traditional recreational activities and modern digital engagement
- How the center is contributing to youth development in Las Vegas
- How the team has taken concerns around technology contributing to a sedentary lifestyle into account to promote a healthy balance
- How they are ensuring the center is accessible and user-friendly for individuals of all ages, abilities and tech proficiency levels, and much more!
Listener note: The audio throughout some of this episode may be a bit choppy, but listening at a slightly faster speed on your preferred podcast player tends to help.
Listen to the episode for the full story.
This episode of Open Space Radio is brought to you by support from our partners at the Bobcat Company.
To the passionate visionaries taking on ambitious challenges every day with Bobcat equipment.
The park maintenance technicians turning playgrounds into community spaces.
The program coordinators turning recreation programs into limitless futures.
The park development planners keeping pace with shrinking resources and a growing world.
And, all those who push through to accomplish more than anyone dared dream of.
Bobcat is proud to support park and recreation professionals across the country.
Learn more at Bobcat.com.