Pictured: Work taking place as part of the Trueheart Ranch Park improvement in San Antonio, Texas, thanks to Bobcat Company.
We know the importance of partnerships in parks and recreation, and on today’s episode of Open Space Radio, we’re diving into an exciting partnership between NRPA and Bobcat. As part of this partnership, Bobcat has extended five grants, each worth $50,000, to support five park improvement projects across the country. Today, we’re excited to learn more about one of these projects taking place in San Antonio, Texas.
We were thrilled to speak with Caryn Odenbach, brand and experience specialist at Bobcat; Kristen Hansen, deputy director of parks and recreation at San Antonio River Authority; and Ayanna Williams, NRPA director of community and environmental resilience.
Tune in to the full episode below to learn how this park improvement project will expand park access, build environmental resilience, engage the community and create a sense of belonging in the San Antonio community.
You’ll also learn:
- How NRPA and Bobcat are working together to advance resilient park access in communities across the country
- How this partnership is improving and preserving Trueheart Ranch Nature Park
- Why San Antonio will benefit from this grant and project
- How the community is being engaged throughout the project
- Why public-private partnerships are so important in parks and recreation
- And more!
Listen to the episode for the full story.
- Planting a Sustainable Future at Trueheart Ranch Nature Park
- Trueheart Ranch Nature Park
- San Antonio River Authority
- Bobcat Company
- NRPA and Bobcat Partnership Builds Resilient Park Access: City of Stonecrest, Georgia
- Auburndale Park's Trail Revitalization with Bobcat and NRPA