Pictured: (left to right) Bill Tschirhart, Debbie Woodbury and Matt Carusona.
Here at NRPA, we are big proponents of continuous learning and professional development. On today’s episode, we discuss a comprehensive and unique professional development program focusing on proven revenue management and development techniques for park and recreation professionals.
Revenue Development and Management School is an annual program taking place at the Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, West Virginia, in partnership with the National Training Center at Oglebay, and it is targeted towards agencies that rely on generating revenues, such as organizations associated with state or local parks, recreation, leisure services, military recreation and other nonprofits.
This year’s school takes place March 12-17, and registration is now open.
I’m thrilled to welcome three individuals to the show today who play integral roles in this Revenue Development and Management School. Joining me today are:
- Bill Tschirhart, the Chief of Administration for Five Rivers MetroParks (Ohio) and Chair of the 2023 Revenue Development and Management School
- Debbie Woodbury, the Regional Program Director with the City of Alexandria (Virginia), and the Founder of The Meritology Institute, who is serving as this year’s Revenue Development and Management School Extern
- Matt Carusona, this year’s Revenue Development and Management School director
Tune in to the full episode below to learn more about Revenue Development and Management School and all the benefits it provides park and recreation professionals. You’ll also learn:
- The importance of revenue development and management in moving the field of parks and recreation forward
- Advice for first-time attendees or professionals considering attending Revenue Development and Management School
- Strategies for creating more sustainable funding
- The importance of continuing education, networking and collaboration
- How partnerships play a role in the funding and revenue conversation
- Why you should attend Revenue Development and Management School, and much more!