It is hard to believe that 2015 is nearly coming to a close. As the New Year approaches has your agency started to think about hiring and filling open positions? Maybe you are looking forward to finally getting approval to hire for that dream role you’ve needed on your team? Maybe you’ve got a vacancy you need filled before the end of the year?
As the membership programs manager here at NRPA, it is my job to make sure you know about all the great resources and benefits that you have and if you answered yes to any of those questions you’ve got to head over to the NRPA Career Center!
If you’re an employer looking to hire a qualified professional for your team, then post your open position on the NRPA Career Center. Each posting is viewed by an average of almost 1,000 job seekers and employers receive an average of 10 applications per posting.
Now, what’s really exciting is that we are going to be offering a special discount on Cyber Monday (November 30) that you won’t want to miss. I can’t give all the details away just yet (make sure you read the Top 5 on Monday, November 23), but we do want to make sure you are fully prepared to take advantage of this opportunity.
So, we’ve put together five tips for getting started on the NRPA Career Center:
1. Register with the NRPA Career Center. Registration is easy! Visit the Career Center and choose ‘Post a Job.’ Then click ‘Sign In’ and choose new user. Fill out your employer account registration information. Be sure to have your NRPA ID number ready, so you can receive the NRPA member discount of 33 percent off when purchasing job packages.
2. Create a new job posting. Fill out the required information for your job posting. To attract responses from the most capable candidates, make sure that the job description paints a clear picture of the skills required for the position.
3. Choose your job posting package. There are a variety of products and rates to meet your needs. Decide how long you would like your job posting to run on the Career Center and browse the job enhancement options.
4. Manage your applications. After your job listing is posted it then becomes time to manage all the applications you’ve received. Stay organized by marking candidates you are interested in and deleting applicants who don’t fit the position. Don’t forget to check out your job statistics to find actual numbers of views, applications, apply clicks and job forwards.
5. Search resumes. Don’t want to wait for applications? Search thousands of resumes for qualified professionals. Use the keyword search to narrow down your options. See someone who interests you? You have the option to contact them right away!
Bonus tip: You can easily manage your active, pending and inactive job listings. Edit, deactivate, copy or post jobs at any time with a few simple clicks!
Now you have the tips so get your job listing information together and be prepared to take advantage of the Cyber Monday deal!
What tips for using or posting job vacancies on the NRPA Career Center can you add to the list? Leave a comment below or tweet us @NRPA_News.
Hayley MacDonell Herzing is the Membership Programs Manager for NRPA.