Are You up for a Challenge?
This July, we’re asking you to show us how you can spend more time OUTdoors and IN your parks and recreation by posting photos of you or your friends, family, coworkers and community members doing typical indoor activities outside every day in July.
You could eat a healthy meal outside – who doesn’t love a picnic in the park – make a phone call to mom, hold a meeting or exercise class in the fresh air, step outside to brush your teeth, or even sleep out in the open (happy camping)! Use your imagination—the possibilities are endless!
We’ll be giving away a $50 Amazon gift card every day at random for those that post a photo that shows an indoor activity being done outside* on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #JulyOUTisIN! We’ll also be giving away a whopping $500 Amazon gift card Grand Prize at random on August 1 to one lucky contest participant who participates during the month of July!
How to Enter
It is easy to get started on your 31-day OUT is IN challenge for Park and Recreation Month! Here’s how:
- Follow us on Twitter (@NRPA_News) and/orInstagram (@NRPA)
- Post a photo to either Twitter and/or Instagram during July that shows an indoor activity being done outside and use the hashtag #JulyOUTisIN.
- That’s it! We’ll contact and announce the winner of the daily prize the following business day!
We’ll be featuring many of these photos in our social media posts and possibly in future issues of our magazine! Please note, Park and Recreation Month is a family-friendly activity. Please no distasteful or vulgar photos.
Incorporate the OUT is IN Challenge to your Activities
Here are some ideas on how to incorporate the “OUT is IN” Social Media Challenge into your activities:
- Print out copies of the official “OUT is IN” calendar and have camp participants, coworkers, or even yourself write out what photos they post every day to keep track of their challenge progress!
- Use social media to send out an “OUT is IN” challenge idea each day in July to your friends and community. See who steps up to your challenge and remind them to share a picture on social media using the hashtag #JulyOUTisIN.
- Set up a picture station at one of your events where attendees can take a picture of themselves eating a healthy meal or snack, playing a game and more outside. Hang an “OUT is IN” poster in the background!
- Encourage your community members to enter the challenge and to use your park and recreation facilities as their outdoor space!
- Challenge your employees and program leaders to move any regularly and recurring indoor activities to the outdoors during July. This could be a regular meeting, class or activity. Make sure that they Tweet or Instagram photos using the hashtag #JulyOUTisIN.
Get Involved in Park and Recreation Month
There are lots of ways you can get involved with Park and Recreation Month—whether you’re a park and recreation professional or park and recreation super fan! You can get involved by:
- Hanging up the official Park and Recreation Month poster. Lots of other banners, web graphics and artwork can be found in the toolkit.
- Connecting with us on social media! Not only can you participate in the challenge, but we’ll also be sharing and highlighting Park and Recreation Month events and activities from around the country.
- Asking your local legislators to officially declare July as Park and Recreation Month. Let everyone in your community know the importance of parks and recreation.
*Please refer to the Official Rules
for details on the contest and claiming prizes. Winners will be contacted via a direct message from NRPA on Twitter or Instagram and must accept the prize within 24 hours.