The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) periodically posts information about grant and fundraising opportunities that are available for park and recreation agencies.
Current Grant Opportunities
Commit to Health Youth Ambassador Grant Opportunity
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is thrilled to announce the availability of grant funds from the Target Corporation to support children’s health and wellness. Applications are due at 11:59pm on Wednesday, July 27th.
Fundraising Strategies Online Class
NRPA provides online learning resources, including an online class for fundraising.
This course teaches fundamental best practices and principles of effective and strategic fundraising for park and recreation agencies. CEUs: 0.3
Member: $50 | Non-Member: $65
Independent Fundraising Resources
When looking for funding and grants, there are many resources available on the Internet. Below are just a few suggestions on where to start your research.
- Foundation Center: Provides both training and research information on corporate and foundation grant programs. The grants database is a collection of thousands of grants.
- Guidestar: An excellent source of IRS 990 forms for foundations and other non-profit organizations.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: The Chronicle is a newspaper for non-profit news publishing, fundraising trends, resources, and recent grants.
- Non-profit Times: Non-profit management newspaper.
- Hoovers: Profiles millions of U.S. companies. It is a great source for employee contact information.
- Fortune Magazine: A resource for identifying companies by state and industry.
- Leadership Directories
- Google, Yahoo Finance, and other general search engines.
- Newspapers and magazines like the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, New York Times.
If you are interested in learning more about NRPA's fundraising resources please contact Rachel Banner at 703.858.2159.