Nearly everyone has a health and wellness goal in the coming year. Park and recreation agencies are a main staple of activities and outdoor options to reach these goals. Parks and recreation allow you to relax in nature at the local park or on a trail, join a fitness class for a little cardio, or learn about healthy cooking and eating options at your local community center, just to name a few. Fulfill your goal of health and wellness in the coming year with the help of your local parks and recreation!
- Ninety-four percent of U.S. adults have a health and wellness goal for the new year
- Nearly two in three adults have a goal of drinking more water and/or eating better in the new year
- Fifty-six percent of U.S. adults want to reduce stress in the new year
- Fifty-three percent of U.S. adults want to start or increase exercising in the new year
- Nearly half of U.S. adults have a goal of going outside more in the new year