NRPA and the NRPA Annual Conference Program Committee would like to invite all interested speakers to submit your education session proposals for the 2019 NRPA Annual Conference. We are seeking energetic and engaging speakers and leaders who can share their knowledge, experiences and best practice techniques related to the work of parks and recreation.
Submit your ideas for the opportunity to speak at the conference and make a difference in other communities around the country. Want an added bonus? Speakers always get a complimentary one-day conference pass for the days they speak, but, this year, NRPA is giving away one FREE Full Package Registration to one randomly selected person whose proposal is selected for the 2019 NRPA Annual Conference.
The 2019 NRPA Annual Conference will take place in Baltimore, Maryland, September 24-26, 2019.
All proposals will be due by midnight ET November 30, 2018.
- Speaker Information
- Proposal Tips: Includes Sample Form, Sample Outlines, and Definitions.
- Blog: Five Secrets for Submitting a Successful Education Session Proposal
Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by top-notch presenters. Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and focus on NRPA's Three Pillars of Conservation, Health & Wellness, and Social Equity is appreciated.
Who Should Consider Submitting Proposals?
- Park and recreation professionals
- Park and recreation educators and related educators
- Park and recreation students
- Park and recreation vendors, contractors and related groups
- Professional speakers and professionals aligned with park and recreation's mission
- Planners, Landscape Architects, Public Health Administrators, City and County Managers, Naturalists
- Anyone else interested in sharing their knowledge with park and recreation professionals
- Presenters should have experience speaking at state, regional or national conferences, schools or seminars
Dates to Remember
- Proposal Submissions Accepted Beginning Monday, October 29, 2018
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Conference Invitations: March 2019
- Session Materials Due: September 6, 2019
- NRPA Annual Conference: September 24-26, 2019 – Baltimore, MD
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Your presentation may NOT sell, raffle, or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.