Speak at the 2020 NRPA Annual Conference
Do you have a great idea for a session or want to showcase a particular area of expertise? Is there an experience that you or your agency has had that could benefit your peers and other communities? Share your unique ideas and experiences by speaking at the 2020 NRPA Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida, October 27-29, 2020.
Call for Education Session Proposals Opens on October 28, 2019
The NRPA Annual Conference is an inclusive event that brings together more than 8,000 people who are passionate about parks and recreation, conservation, health, landscape architecture, city planning and making communities great places to live. Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by top-notch presenters. Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and focus on NRPA's Three Pillars of Conservation, Health & Wellness, and Social Equity is appreciated.
Who Should Consider Submitting Proposals?
- Park and recreation professionals
- Park and recreation educators and related educators
- Park and recreation students
- Park and recreation vendors, contractors and related groups
- Professional speakers and professionals aligned with park and recreation's mission
- Planners, Landscape Architects, Public Health Administrators, City and County Managers, Naturalists
- Anyone else interested in sharing their knowledge with park and recreation professionals
- Presenters should have experience speaking at state, regional or national conferences, schools or seminars
Dates to Remember
- Call for Education Session Proposals Opens: October 28, 2019
- Education Session Proposals Deadline: November 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Conference Invitations: Early April 2020
- Call for Speed Session Proposals Opens : April 16, 2020
- Speed Session Proposals Deadline: April 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Session Materials Due: October 2, 2020
- 2020 NRPA Annual Conference: October 27-29, 2020
- Speaker Information
- Proposal Tips: Includes Sample Form, Sample Outlines, and Definitions.
- Blog: Five Secrets for Submitting a Successful Education Session Proposal
- Blog: Turn Your Passion into a Presentation
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Your presentation may NOT sell, raffle, or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.