Each month, through a poll of Americans that is focused on park and recreation issues, NRPA Park Pulse helps tell the park and recreation story. Questions span from the serious to the more lighthearted. The survey was conducted by Wakefield Research.
Americans’ Top Outdoor Recreation Activities:
- Picnics - 58%
- Swimming - 48%
- Walking - 45%
Other popular recreation activities include:
- Community social events - 38%
- Attending performing arts events - 32%
- Camping - 30%
- Playing in team sports or leagues - 12%
- Playing racquet sports - 11%
- Running/Cycling races - 10%
Visit nrpa.org/Park-Pulse for more information.