For demonstrating excellence in parks and recreation through long-range planning, resource management, volunteerism, environmental stewardship, programming and professional development, and innovation, we congratulate the following agencies, the recipients of the 2018 Gold Medal Award Grand Plaque:
- Class I (pop. 400,001 and over): Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department, Florida
- Class II (pop. 150,001 – 400,000): City of Arlington Parks and Recreation Department, Texas
- Class III (pop. 75,001 – 150,000): City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation, Indiana
- Class IV (pop. 30,001 – 75,000): Town of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation Department, Colorado
- Class V (pop. 30,000 or fewer): Homewood-Flossmoor Park District, Illinois
- Armed Forces Recreation: NAS Pensacola Morale, Welfare and Recreation, Florida
The Gold Medal Awards are presented by the American Academy for Park and Recreation Administration in partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association, and proudly sponsored by Musco Lighting.
It’s never too early to start pulling the information that’s needed to apply to be considered for the 2019 Gold Medal Awards. All the resources and information you need can be found here or by contacting us.