Schools and Conferences
NRPA schools and conferences are forums where the park and recreation community comes together to exchange ideas and information. Whether you are just starting your career or are a seasoned veteran, NRPA’s schools and conferences will give you the education and networking opportunities you need to ensure success.
Online Learning—Available 24/7
Online learning is a cost-effective and flexible way to educate staff, provide training, and earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Visit NRPA’s Online Learning Center and choose from one of our many courses whenever it is convenient for you.
NRPA webinars offer the opportunity to get professional development and education through direct interaction with subject matter experts in an easy, interactive, cost-effective manner.
The Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification is granted to individuals employed in the recreation, park resources, and leisure services profession who meet high standards of performance. Practice exams are available through the Online Learning Center.
The Certified Park and Recreation Executive (CPRE) certification can be achieved by individuals employed in the recreation, park resources, and leisure services profession who meet high standards of performance at a mastery (middle to upper management) level.
The Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification is a state-of-the-art certification for pool operators and aquatic facility managers.
The Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) certification program provides the most comprehensive training on playground safety standards and provides the credentials to inspect playgrounds for safety compliance. Practice exams and online training courses are available through the Online Learning Center.
• 5-7 CPSI, Georgetown, Kentucky
• 6–7 AFO, Phoenix, Arizona
• 19–24 School of RV Park and Campground Management, Wheeling, West Virginia
• 24–Mar 1 Green School, Wheeling, West Virginia
• 25–26 AFO, East Lansing, Michigan
• 25–27 CPSI, Lansing, Michigan
• 4–6 CPSI, Lubbock, Texas
• 5–7 CPSI, San Jose, California
• 6–8 CPSI, Bonner Springs, Kansas
• 10–15 Revenue Development and Management School, Wheeling, West Virginia
• 12–14 CPSI, Bismarck, North Dakota
• 13–15 CPSI, Bellevue, Washington
• 13–15 CPSI, Leesburg, Virginia
• 13–15 CPSI, New Brighton, Minnesota
• 19–21 National Legislative Forum on Parks and Recreation, Washington, D.C.
• 19–21 CPSI, Lakewood, Colorado
• 25–27 CPSI, Phoenix, Arizona
• 26–28 CPSI, St. Charles, Missouri
• 9–11 CPSI, Worcester, Massachusetts
• 11–12 AFO, Wichita, Kansas
• 16–17 AFO, Piedmont, California
• 16–18 CPSI, Riverside, California
• 16–18 CPSI, Columbus, Ohio
• 16–18 CPSI, Greater Chicago, Illinois
• 24–26 CPSI, Middletown, New Jersey
• 24–26 CPSI, Anchorage, Alaska
• 30–May 2 CPSI, Henderson, Nevada
• 8–10 2013 NRPA Congress and Exposition, Houston, Texas