• Blog: Supporting Older Adults During COVID-19, NRPA, April 20, 2020
• Blog: Tips for Helping Older Adults Maintain Good Health at Home, NRPA, April 3, 2020
• Blog: COVID-19 and Older Adults: Assisting Our Most Vulnerable Population, NRPA, March 16, 2020
• Blog: Child Meal Waivers Extended Through Summer, NRPA, May 15, 2020
• Blog: Farmers Markets and COVID-19, NRPA, April 23, 2020
• Blog: Clarifications Issued on Child Nutrition Programs, NRPA, April 16, 2020
• Webinar: Serving Meals During COVID-19: Out-of-School Time Partners, FRAC, March 24, 2020
Use password ostCOVID19 to access.
Youth and Families
• Blog: Protecting Child Health and Wellbeing During COVID-19, NRPA, March 26, 2020
• Blog: Tips From NRPA’s Conservation Team During the COVID-19 Pandemic, NRPA, March 25, 2020
• Blog: Resources to Engage Families Through Wellness and Nature, NRPA/Alliance for a Healther Generation, March 25, 20
• Blog: COVID-19 in Parks and Recreation: Supporting Community Health and Wellbeing During an Outbreak, NRPA, March 12, 2020
• Guidance on Childcare from CDC.
If you re-purpose your facility as an emergency or temporary child care center, please follow CDC guidance for administrators of child care programs and K-12 schools. Be sure to follow state and local childcare licensing policies and regulations. Specifically, all facilities should continue to adhere to their state and local licensing policies unless otherwise notified by their local health department. Guidance may also be provided by the department of education and/or department of health in your state, city or locality.
• Guidance on Camps from the American Camp Association.
The American Camp Association continues to monitor what the impact of COVID-19 will be on summer camps. ACA has created a COVID-19 Resource Center for camps. You can access sample planning tools, including contingency plans, marketing and communications resources, virtual programming resources, and more. ACA also has a page dedicated to health and wellness resources specific for COVID-19. This includes valuable information and tools like screening forms, templates for communicable disease plans, strategies to minimize potential for communicable diseases occurring, and other great resources from the Association of Camp Nursing. While many of these resources are more applicable for overnight camps, they can be used to inform planning strategies for summer day camps as well.