Are you looking for a fun way to incorporate physical activity into your summer camp programs? Well, we’ve got just the thing to get your summer campers moving. That’s right, it’s the Park and Recreation Month Summer Camp Dance!
This July, we want to get thousands of summer camp participants across the country to show off their dance moves. You can participate by learning the official Park and Recreation Month Summer Camp Dance and sharing a video of you and your campers groovin’ to the beat! Throughout the month during your summer camp activities, practice the moves that NRPA’s best dancers are performing in the video below — and feel free to throw in a few moves of your own!
Excited? We are! Here are a few easy steps to get you started:
- The first step is to have fun with this! As you’ll see below, we didn’t all get the moves exactly right, but we definitely had fun!
- Tell us a little about your summer camp by registering below.
- Watch the official training video to get familiar with the dance moves.
- Download the official version of “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves by clicking the button below.
- Introduce this initiative at your summer camp. You can even introduce it by having your staff perform the dance for your campers to get them excited about it!
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Once you're ready, film your dance and share your video with us by July 20 using the hastag #NRPAsummercampdance.