Do you have a great idea for a session or want to showcase a particular area of expertise? Is there an experience that you or your agency has had that could benefit your peers and other communities? Consider speaking at the 2019 NRPA Annual Conference so you can be a part of advancing our field.
The 2019 NRPA Annual Conference will take place in Baltimore, Maryland, September 24-26, 2019.
Speed session proposals will be accepted starting February 27, 2019.
- Speaker Information
- Proposal Tips: Includes Sample Form, Sample Outlines, and Definitions.
- Blog: Five Secrets for Submitting a Successful Education Session Proposal
Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by top-notch presenters. Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and focus on NRPA's Three Pillars of Conservation, Health & Wellness, and Social Equity is appreciated.
Who Should Consider Submitting Proposals?
- Park and recreation professionals
- Park and recreation educators and related educators
- Park and recreation students
- Park and recreation vendors, contractors and related groups
- Professional speakers and professionals aligned with park and recreation's mission
- Planners, Landscape Architects, Public Health Administrators, City and County Managers, Naturalists
- Anyone else interested in sharing their knowledge with park and recreation professionals
- Presenters should have experience speaking at state, regional or national conferences, schools or seminars
Dates to Remember
- Proposal Submissions Accepted Beginning Monday, October 29, 2018
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Conference Invitations: March 2019
- Speed Session Call for Proposals - February 27 - March 30, 2019
- Session Materials Due: September 6, 2019
- NRPA Annual Conference: September 24-26, 2019 – Baltimore, MD
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Your presentation may NOT sell, raffle, or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.