Speak at the 2020 NRPA Annual Conference
Do you have a great idea for a session or want to showcase a particular area of expertise? Is there an experience that you or your agency has had that could benefit your peers and other communities? Share your unique ideas and experiences by speaking at the 2020 NRPA Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida, October 27-29, 2020. This year, we are inviting you to explore the theme, Parks Build Community, in celebration of 10 years of the Parks Build Community Project.
If your session proposal is accepted, you will be entered for a chance to win a free full-package registration to the conference. The deadline to submit an education session proposal is November 29, 2019.
The NRPA Annual Conference is an inclusive event that brings together more than 8,000 people across several different fields including parks and recreation, conservation, health, landscape architecture and city planning. The audience may be diverse, but they are united in their passion to make communities great places to live. We are looking for speakers who can build upon that passion and inspire even greater impact in communities nationwide.
Who Should Consider Submitting Proposals?
- Park and recreation professionals, educators and students
- Park and recreation vendors, contractors and related groups
- Speakers and educators aligned with NRPA's Three Pillars of Conservation, Health & Wellness, and Social Equity
- Planners, Landscape Architects, Public Health Administrators, City and County Managers, Naturalists
- Presenters should have experience speaking at state, regional or national conferences, schools or seminars
All education session proposals are reviewed by the Conference Program Committee and programmed by topic tracks. Sessions are assessed using the following criteria:
- Originality: At the NRPA Annual Conference it is essential that we continue to present unique and exciting programs that reflect our dynamic community.
- Relevance: NRPA seeks sessions that are of great interest to prospective attendees and clearly benefit the professional needs of the designated audience.
- Overall Quality: NRPA is dedicated to ensuring that the learning programs at Annual Conference meet the highest standards of excellence.
Dates to Remember
- Call for Education Session Proposals Opens: October 28, 2019
- Education Session Proposals Deadline: November 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Conference Invitations: Early April 2020
- Call for Speed Session Proposals Opens : April 16, 2020
- Speed Session Proposals Deadline: April 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Session Materials Due: October 2, 2020
- 2020 NRPA Annual Conference: October 27-29, 2020
Speaker Training and Resources
Please be sure to visit our new Speaker Concierge for speaker information, tips on submitting your proposal and a growing number of resources that will help you develop your conference and public speaking skills and will provide you with strategies for a variety of presentation formats.
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Your presentation may NOT sell, raffle, or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.