Registration will open Monday, May 13, 2019
More than 200 education sessions cover a variety of topics including leadership and management, public relations, marketing, recreation programming, revenue/customer service and much more. These sessions offer an opportunity to learn from some of the best speakers from in and outside the field.
The education sessions come in a variety of formats. Whether it be getting out of your chair and breaking a sweat, spending time outside of the convention center or interacting directly with speakers, you can choose what fits your learning style best.
- NRPA General Session: Join thousands of your peers, NRPA leadership and a special keynote speaker for an attention grabbing session sure to leave you inspired.
- Speed Sessions: Back by popular demand, NRPA is again offering a series of quick, lively and innovative 20-minute Speed Sessions designed to energize and inspire.
- NRPA Research Sessions (NRS): Attend these information packed sessions for the latest on applied research relevant to the parks and recreation industry.
- Pre-Conference Workshops: Come early for these workshops providing hands-on practical instruction and in-depth information.
- Mobile Workshops: Get on the move and follow the speaker on an educational journey.
- Learning Playground: Get on your feet and have an active, lively and memorable educational experience – no sitting in chairs allowed.
- Directors' Corner: Intended for director and executive level professionals, these unique sessions focus on cutting-edge issues and challenges facing agencies throughout the country.
- Off-Site Institutes: Join the Local Host for inspirational tours of Baltimore and all it has to offer.
The NRPA Annual Conference provides hundreds of education and learning opportunities through 12 education tracks specifically tailored to parks and recreation. Follow a track that best suits your needs, or participate across all tracks for a well-rounded experience.
- Employee/Volunteer Management
- Health & Wellness
- Leadership & Management
- Planning, Design and Maintenance
- Professional Development
- Public Relations/Marketing
- Recreation & Sports Programming
- Research & Evaluation
- Revenue/Customer Service
Earn CEU's to Maintain Your Certification
To help you maintain your certification or reach other professional development goals, attendees can earn at least 0.1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) for attending most education sessions and have the potential to earn up to 1.8 CEUs total. To earn CEUs, attendees must attend the entire education session. You can now earn 0.1 CEU for attending three Speed Sessions. Some sessions are not eligible for CEUs and this will be indicated in the Conference App and the onsite pocket guide.