Registration will open Monday, May 11, 2020
Nearly 300 education sessions cover a variety of topics including leadership and management, public relations, marketing, recreation programming, revenue/customer service and much more. These sessions offer an opportunity to learn from experts in parks and recreation, conservation, health, landscape architecture, city planning and much more.
The education sessions come in a variety of formats. Whether it be getting out of your chair and breaking a sweat, spending time outside of the convention center or interacting directly with speakers, you can choose what fits your learning style best.
- NRPA General Sessions: Join thousands of your peers, NRPA leadership and special keynote speakers for two attention grabbing sessions sure to leave you inspired.
- Learning Playground: Come to the exhibit hall for these highly interactive education sessions that get you up and out of your seat.
- Directors' Corner: Intended for executive level professionals, these unique sessions focus on cutting-edge issues and challenges facing agencies throughout the country.
- Speed Sessions: Back by popular demand, NRPA is again offering a series of quick, lively and innovative 20-minute Speed Sessions designed to energize and inspire.
- Certificate Programs: Earn a professional certificate in marketing, leadership, playground maintenance and more.
- NRPA Research Sessions (NRS): Attend these information packed sessions for the latest on applied research relevant to the parks and recreation industry.
- Pre-Conference Workshops: Come early for these workshops providing hands-on practical instruction and in-depth information.
- Off-Site Institutes and Local Activities: Join the Local Host for inspirational tours of Baltimore and all it has to offer.
The NRPA Annual Conference provides hundreds of education and learning opportunities through 12 education tracks specifically tailored to parks and recreation. Follow a track that best suits your needs, or participate across all tracks for a well-rounded experience.
- Career Development
- Employee/Volunteer Management
- Health & Wellness
- Leadership & Management
- Planning, Design and Maintenance
- Public Relations/Marketing
- Recreation & Sports Programming
- Research & Evaluation
- Revenue/Customer Service