To help you prepare for NRPA Virtual, we've compiled a list of helpful tips as you navigate this new conference platform.
Accessing the Platform
On Friday, October 23, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a unique registration link. We strongly recommend that you take a few minutes to set up your event profile, add your profile photo, build your schedule and familiarize yourself with the event platform prior to Tuesday, October 27.
To access the virtual platform, simply click the link in the email, create a password and log in. Note: Your username is the email used during registration.
- For best performance and compatibility, we recommend using Google Chrome. Download Google Chrome.
- While you may also use Firefox or Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer is not recommended for this event.
Platform Features and Tips
- Use the left-hand navigation bar to access features, like the selfie photo booth, brand your backdrops and the Social Connect Page.
- Visit the photo booth to take fun selfies for social media! Jazz them up with frames and stickers, and then share them using #NRPAVirtual.
- Brand your virtual backdrop with your choice of five NRPA Virtual backgrounds.
- Visit the Social Connect page to see a live social media wall of all of the amazing #NRPAVirtual content.
- Make sure you join us at the start time of each session to engage in the live chat with speakers and attendees.
Technical Support and Customer Service
Attendees can use the live customer service chat feature in the lower right-hand corner for technical and navigation support, or email them at email@example.com.
Live Customer Service Schedule
- Friday, October 23: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. EDT
- Monday, October 26: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. EDT
- Tuesday, October 27: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, October 28: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. EDT
- Thursday, October 29: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. EDT
Preparing Your Workspace
To help you make the most out of the virtual experience, spend some time preparing your workspace before we go live on Tuesday.
- Find a quiet and comfortable workspace to participate from.
- Test your technology, such as internet strength, headsets and speaker volumes.
- Prepare your space with anything you might need during NRPA Virtual, including note-taking materials, appropriate chargers and water.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close all other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
How to Earn CEUs
A maximum of 1.4 CEUs can be earned based on the number of sessions attended during NRPA Virtual and sessions viewed on-demand by November 28, 2020. Attendees can earn .034 CEUs for each Speed Session and .1 CEUs for each Education Session. Attendees will be required to attend entire sessions and complete session evaluations to obtain CEU credit. In order to access and complete session evaluations, attendees must add sessions to their schedule.
CEUs earned by attending NRPA Virtual sessions and viewing sessions on-demand will be processed and reflected on official transcripts by January 4, 2021.
For questions regarding CEUs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage with Sponsors and Exhibitors
Don’t forget to visit the virtual exhibit hall to connect and network with our platinum sponsors and exhibitors.
- Download resources and watch sponsor and exhibitor videos showcasing products, services and company information.
- Use the live chat box to ask questions about products and services.
- Click the “Email Me More Information” button to receive information and enter raffles.
- Join a live meeting room or ask to schedule a meeting with company representatives.
Health and Wellness Breaks
Take breaks — you deserve it. Whether it's a simple stretch, mediation or quick physical activity, give your brain and body a boost with frequent breaks.
- Park and Recreation Nature Breaks: Relax with videos highlighting some of our favorite park and recreation footage.
- BOKS Get Active Breaks: Get moving with these four activity breaks from BOKS. Learn more about BOKS and all their free offerings.
- BOKS Mindful Minute: Sense Countdown – This Mindful Minute Burst will teach you more about the art of Mindfulness and the activities you can do to help practice it wherever you are!
- BOKS Burst: Tabata Planks – Tabata is a form of exercise that alternates intense activity with resting. This burst will bring you through quick movements then you get a 10-second rest. It’s a great way to workout and get the heart rate up!
- BOKS Burst: Bootcamp Burst – BOKS Bootcamp Burst is equipment free and helps to improve your strength and cardiovascular health!
- BOKS Burst: Give Me 10! – This equipment-free Burst will bring you through 10 exercises, which you will repeat 10 times! Let get that blood pumping!
- Live Meditation Breaks
- Tuesday, October 27: 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, October 28: 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. EDT
- Thursday, October 29: 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. EDT