NRPA is dedicated to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NRPA staff members, service providers and all others involved. Conference participants are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct throughout all NRPA live events, virtual events, webinars, and across NRPA blogs, online forums, and social media.
Personal Accountability Commitment: By registering and attending the NRPA Annual Conference in Nashville, Tennessee, participants agree to abide by, and engage in specific health and safety protocols and beneficial conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting to daily health screenings and temperature checks, always wearing a mask in public areas, engaging in appropriate physical distancing behaviors, and not attending the event if you feel ill or have been recently exposed to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
NRPA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff members at our events. If you notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. The NRPA team will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior so that all participants feel safe for the duration of the conference.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NRPA staff member, service provider or other event guest
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion and national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces and in presentations; and threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NRPA staff member, service provider or other event guest
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NRPA throughout the Hybrid Conference (All participants must comply with instructions given by the room host, moderator(s) and any NRPA or Convention Center staff)
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services - NRPA reserves the right to remove such messages and to ban sources of those solicitations
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, whether in person or virtually, NRPA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate including the immediate removal of participants from the event without warning or refund. Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future live and virtual events and from engagement across NRPA blogs, online forums, and social media channels.