NRPA encourages you to use the information provided here to showcase your participation in the NRPA Green School. Please use these tools to share your dedication to the parks and recreation profession as you become a steward, an advocate and a green leader.
As a participant or graduate of Green School, please feel to show your involvement by using the NPRA Green School logo in your email signature or through your social media channels.
You can’t ask for a better location for learning than Oglebay. Feel free to use these photos on Facebook, share through your Twitter account, or post to your personal web site. All photos courtesy of Oglebay.
Sample Email Signatures
Show your pride through your email signature. We have shared some samples you are welcome to use—or you can come up with your own! You can also use the logo provided to give your signature that added punch.
Sample Social Media Messages
Social media is a great way to share your involvement before, during and after NRPA’s Green School. Here are some sample tweets and Facebook posts for your use.
Before Green School
Registered and ready for Year 1 of @NRPA_News #NRPAGreenSchool! Can’t wait to meet with the other #park & rec pros http://ow.ly/scZsL
I’m investing in my career and [@ agency/dept] by attending Year 2 of @NRPA_News #NRPAGreenSchool! http://ow.ly/scZsL
Facebook: Just registered for Year [1/2] of Green School through @National Recreation and Park Association. Can’t wait to get started. Here’s what I’ll be doing! http://ow.ly/scZsL
During Green School
Just finished my first session at #NRPAGreenSchool! Can’t wait to apply what I’ve learned on [topic] [@ agency/dept] http://ow.ly/scZsL [or post picture]
Back for Year 2 of @NRPA_News #NRPAGreenSchool! Ready to learn and graduate at the end of the week. http://ow.ly/scZsL [or post picture]
Facebook: Made it to Oglebay in Wheeling, WV for Green School! Just finished up a session on [topic]. Can’t wait to get home and start implementing these new ideas! [Include picture from Green School]
After Green School
Completed Year 1 of #NRPAGreenSchool! I’ll be applying what I learned all year [@agency/dept]. Can’t wait for next year! http://ow.ly/scZsL
Just graduated from #NRPAGreenSchool! I’ve invested in my career [@agency/dept] and encourage others to do the same! http://ow.ly/scZsL
Facebook: I just [completed Year 1 of] OR [graduated from] Green School. It was a great time and I can’t wait to start making [town] and [@agency/dept] a greener place! http://ow.ly/scZsL
Congrats! You just completed two years of professional development that has hopefully left you inspired and invigorated in your career.
Here are a few things to do right now:
- Update your email signature. Let everyone you correspond with know you are a graduate of Green School! Feel free to use the samples we have provided or come up with your own.
- Let your community know that you are a graduate of the Green School – after all, they’ll see how much you value the community, parks and recreation and your role!
- Need help on ways to share your accomplishment? Contact the NRPA Communications Staff at email@example.com.
- Get media coverage? Tell us about it! Send a link to your article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share your experience and the fact that you completed Green School on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Use the provided Green School logo, the hashtag #NRPAGreenSchool and sample posts to share the news.
- If you don’t participate in social media personally, but your agency does, have your social media manager or the person that updates your social media sites create a post about your accomplishment using the samples provided.
- Provide a testimonial or write a blog post on your experience at Green School. If you are interested contact email@example.com.
- Keep NRPA updated on how you put what you learned at Green School to use. Did you score a new position? Increase your current roles/responsibility? We want to know! Email us!