Proposals for the NRPA Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA were accepted through the deadline of Friday, November 18, 2016. The NRPA Annual Conference will be held September 26-28, 2017.
Speed session proposals will be accepted in the early Spring of 2017.
Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by top-notch presenters. Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and focus on NRPA's Three Pillars of Conservation, Health & Wellness, and Social Equity is appreciated.
Who Should Consider Submitting Proposals?
- Park and recreation professionals
- Park and recreation educators and related educators
- Park and recreation students
- Park and recreation vendors, contractors and related groups
- Professional speakers and professionals aligned with park and recreation's mission
- Planners, Landscape Architects, Public Health Administrators, City and County Managers, Naturalists
- Anyone else interested in sharing their knowledge with park and recreation professionals
- Presenters should have experience speaking at state, regional or national conferences, schools or seminars
NRPA seeks to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by creating a balanced program that is comprehensive and reflects a multitude of perspectives. We will select sessions based on their contribution to the following criteria.
- Overall quality of the proposal
- Focused and well-defined topic
- Timeliness of topic
- Relevance to the park and recreation profession
- Practical application of material
- Presentation skill of the proposed speaker(s)
- Applicability to a national audience
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Your presentation may NOT sell, raffle, or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.
Contact the NRPA staff member listed for the educational event you have questions on: