NRPA is inviting all interested speakers to submit an education session proposal for our annual conference, seminars, online webinars, and/or online chats. We are seeking dynamic speakers and leaders who can share knowledge, experience, and best practice techniques related to the work of parks and recreation. We recommend that you review all of the information provided on this page and on the pages in the Related Information section to the right prior to submitting your proposal.
Proposals for the 2014 Congress and Exposition in Charlotte, NC were accepted until Friday, November 22, 2013, so we are no longer accepting proposals at this time. If you are interested in presenting your ideas for the 2015 Congress and Exposition in Las Vegas, NV from September 15-17, 2015, please check back to this site in September of 2014.
NRPA is also happy to announce the return of our new Speed Session, 20 minute presentations for the Charlotte Congress and Exposition. The deadline for accepting Speed Session proposals is February 14, 2014. Everyone is invited to submit a proposal, and members will vote on what they'd like to see presented in Charlotte, NC, so please submit your speed session proposal here.
Thank you for your interest in presenting an education session.
Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by top-notch presenters. NRPA learning event attendees represent a broad spectrum of people who are engaged in the park and recreation field, from entry level employees and university educators to middle managers and executive level park and recreation professionals. People come from a variety of communities and programs, so their perspectives and challenges vary greatly. The audience also reflects a range of experience levels, from longtime NRPA members to people who are just starting to investigate the park and recreation profession. Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER SUBMITTING PROPOSALS?
- Park and recreation professionals
- Park and recreation educators and related educators
- Park and recreation students
- Park and recreation vendors, contractors and related groups
- Professional speakers
- Anyone else interested in sharing their knowledge with park and recreation professionals
- Presenters should have experience speaking at state, regional or national conferences, schools or seminars
NRPA seeks to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by creating a balanced program that is comprehensive and reflects a multitude of perspectives. We will select sessions based on their contribution to the following criteria.
- Overall quality of the proposal
- Focused and well-defined topic
- Timeliness of topic
- Relevance to the park and recreation profession
- Practical application of material
- Presentation skill of the proposed speaker(s)
- Applicability to a national audience
We accept proposals for the seminars, online webinars, and chats on an on-going basis. The timeline for our annual conference is listed below. Please note: Dates in this section are subject to change.
2014 NRPA Congress & Exposition - Charlotte, NC
- Proposal Deadline - November 22, 2013
- Proposal Review - December 2013 – February 2014
- Speed Session Proposal Deadline - February 14, 2014
- Proposal Notifications - End of March 2014
- Final Speaker Changes Due - July 5, 2014
- Audio/Visual Requests/Changes Due - July 5, 2014
- Presentations and/or Handouts Due - August 8, 2014
- Event Dates - October 14-16, 2014
Your presentation may NOT sell, raffle, or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.
Contact the NRPA staff member listed for the educational event you have questions on: