Course Grantee Annoucement - Coming Soon!
NRPA and The
PGA of America entered into a partnership with the intent to collectively
impact and enhance municipal golf course operations across the
country.The partnership will give park agency
administrators access to a variety of resources, programs, and information
developed and/or supported by The PGA, as well as training on how to implement
these to stimulate business at their facilities. The programs include all those
associated with Play Golf America, including the latest industry-wide
Golf Ready, PGA PerformanceTrak and the PGA
In turn, the park agency leaders will become
better aware of the role that PGA Professionals play and the value they bring
to golf course operations. To communicate this, The PGA will take advantage of
a multitude of NRPA communications resources in promoting the Association*s
building blocks for success: Education, Employment
Development and Research.
A key element of the partnership is the NRPA/PGA
Family Course Grant Program. The PGA gives up to 55 sets of PGA Family
Course Tee Markers and support materials to municipalities and golf courses
within the NRPA system. In return, park agency leaders must commit to hosting
Get Golf Ready for their community, and use the PGA Family Course Program as a
fun and enjoyable way to retain new golfers.
In addition, park agency
leaders will also be required to report monthly rounds played and KPI data for
PGA PerformanceTrak and use benchmarking reports as a
business evaluation tool.
The PGA Family Course Program provides the
- Makes golf more enjoyable for players new to the
- Establishes a beginner-friendly short course within any existing
- Provides a simple transition as each player's ability
- Enables players of varying abilities to shoot similar
- Encourages parents and kids to come to the course
- Creates opportunity for new incremental revenues.
- Promotes your facility as "PGA Family Course."
- Helps grow the game
both now and in the future.
PGA Professionals participating in this
program will receive:
- Tee plates: One PGA blue and one PGA gold tee
plate for every hole, including the metal spike for installation.
path plates: One PGA blue and one PGA gold cart path plate for every hole.
- Program guidelines: Produced by U.S. Kids, this provides suggested
guidelines on course set up, yardages, tee locations, installing cart path
plates and more.
- Templates: Access to templates for score cards, award
certificates and more.
Each golf course will also be presented a
certificate, suitable for display, recognizing them as an official "PGA Family
APPLY TODAY FOR THE 2011 NRPA/PGA FAMILY COURSE GRANT