Online learning is a cost-effective and flexible way to educate staff, provide training, and earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Visit NRPA’s Online Learning Center and choose from our many courses, ranging from Athletic Field Maintenance to Behavior Management to Cultural Competency.
NRPA Webinars offer the opportunity to get professional development and education through direct interaction with subject matter experts in an easy, interactive, cost-effective manner.
Schools and Conferences
NRPA schools and conferences are forums where the park and recreation community comes together to exchange ideas and information. Whether you are just starting your career or are a seasoned veteran, NRPA’s schools and conferences will give you the education and networking opportunities you need to ensure success. Upcoming events:
- January 20–25 Event Management School
- January 27–February 1 Park and Recreation Maintenance Management School
- February 19–24 School of RV Park and Campground Management
- February 24–March 1 NRPA Green School
- March 10–15 Revenue Development and Management School
- March 19–21 National Legislative Forum on Parks and Recreation
The Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification is granted to individuals employed in the recreation, park resources, and leisure services profession who meet high standards of performance. Practice exams are available through the Online Learning Center.
The Certified Park and Recreation Executive (CPRE) certification can be achieved by individuals employed in the recreation, park resources, and leisure services profession who meet high standards of performance at a mastery (middle to upper management) level.
The Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification is a state-of-the-art certification for pool operators and aquatic facility managers. Upcoming trainings:
- January 8–9 Indianapolis, Indiana
- January 23–24 Cameron Park, California
- February 6–7 Phoenix, Arizona
- February 25–26 East Lansing, Michigan
The Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) certification program provides the most comprehensive training on playground safety standards and the credentials to inspect playgrounds for safety compliance. Practice exams and online training courses are available through the Online Learning Center. Upcoming trainings:
- January 9–11 Landover, Maryland
- January 10–12 Gulfport, Mississippi
- January 14–16 Bloomington, Indiana
- January 23–25 Knoxville, Tennessee
- February 5–7 Georgetown, Kentucky
- February 25–27 Lansing, Michigan
Visit www.nrpa.org/certification for additional 2013 course dates.
2013 NRPA Congress
October 8-10, 2013
Join us in Houston and receive first-class training and unbeatable networking opportunities, and see the latest products on the trade show floor. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and engage with park and recreation professionals from across the nation.