Wildlife Explorers is NRPA’s turn-key initiative that connects youth to nature by leveraging existing out-of-school programming happening at local park and recreation centers.
- Target age range: 5 to 10 years old
- Program length: 6 weeks (meeting 1-3 times per week)
- Activity length: 45 minutes to one hour per week
- Location: Any park or recreation center, schoolyard, or outdoor space
- Staffing: No experience with subject matter required
Get the Wildlife Explorers Workbook
The workbook includes an easy to follow six chapter curriculum complete with activities for youth and a guide for facilitators. Download the curriculum today and bring Wildlife Explorers to your community.
To get a free PDF copy of the Wildlife Explorers Workbook, just enter your contact information below. Don't worry, we will never share your information.
- Webinar: Creating Environmental Likeability through Park and Recreation Programming (12/13/2016)
- Blog from NRPA with tips for leading a nature discovery program
- Blog containing tips from a Wildlife Explorers program leader in San Jose, CA
- Blog: Newbies to Nature: Training Your Instructors
- Blog: Bringing Nature to Kids in Urban Environments
For questions about the program, contact Serda Ozbenian.