2013 COAPRT Standards
COAPRT conducted a thorough review of the 2004 accreditation standards in order to remain responsive to the needs of accredited programs and at the forefront of parks, recreation and leisure services education. These efforts resulted in the development of a set of student learning outcome-based standards. The Council has reviewed and incorporated feedback received from two rounds of public comment. The final 2013 COAPRT Standards are available below. Additionally, the Council is seeking to engage other associations representing specialty interests in the recreation, park resources, and leisure services profession for assistance in developing accreditation standards specific to the needs of their specialty.
The following links provide information pertaining to the COAPRT Standards 2013. Programs must comply with the most current version of the standards.
- COAPRT Standards 2013 - Revised October 2014
- New FAQ - Spring 2010
- Specialty Accreditation Affiliate Policy
- TR Guidelines
- Park and Recreation Administration Learning Outcomes
The COAPRT has used the following timeline for the standards revision process:
- Publish draft standards for public review September 1, 2007
- Public review and input on draft standards September 2007 – December 1, 2007
- Publish revised draft standards for review January 15, 2008
- Publish final draft revised standards May 1, 2008
- Beta testing standards with pilot programs 2008 – 2009
- Engage potential specialization associations 2008 – 2009
- Develop training materials 2008 – 2009
- Piloting of accreditation process 2009 – 2010
- Optional compliance with new standards 2010 - 2012
- Mandatory compliance with new standards 2013
Do you have a question/comment or would you like to provide feedback regarding the COAPRT accreditation process? Please submit your question or comment via the online form and someone will be in contact with you.