CAPRA Visitors serve a critical role in the accreditation process by visiting agencies to evaluate compliance with the standards from an on-the-ground perspective. Visitors serve as the "eyes and ears" of the Commission.
How To Become A CAPRA Visitor
Individuals having attended the CAPRA Training Workshop are eligible to apply to become CAPRA Visitors. Visitors must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently employed full-time in the field of recreation, park resources, and leisure services (or retired from the field);
- Have completed 5 years of full-time professional experience in the field;
- Hold CPRP or CPRE certification (if currently employed);
- Be a member of NRPA or a related professional organization; and
- Have attended a training session for agency visitors within the last 5 years.
Once trained, individuals may apply to become visitors by submitting the application and resume forms listed below to CAPRA@nrpa.org.
- Visitor Application Form
- Visitor Resume Form
CAPRA Visitors receive an email notification of upcoming visit opportunities in the spring and fall each year with a request to submit interest in participating.
Visitors must be retrained every five years. CAPRA Training Workshops are held annually at the NRPA Conference in the fall and throughout the year via webinars. Additionally, the CAPRA Training Workshop may be held in conjunction with state association meetings. View the upcoming trainings.
If you are interested in hosting a CAPRA Training, please contact CAPRA@nrpa.org.