Advocacy is one of the
most important services we provide to our members. Our public policy team
works every day to represent public parks and recreation at the
federal level by fighting for funding and legislation that improves access to
open space and recreational opportunities for all people.
National Legislative Forum on Parks and Recreation
Hosted annually by the National Recreation and Park Association
(NRPA), the National
Legislative Forum is our opportunity to come together with one strong voice
to shape issues and impact the legislative process. Our next forum will be held
in Washington DC March 25-26, 2014 to help shape the future of parks and
recreation, and contribute to improving the quality of life in local
Learn About Federal Policy and Legislative
Issues Impacting Parks and Recreation
Please take time to review
this section of the website to learn about the federal policy and
legislative issues impacting parks and recreation and what you can do to
help advance the interest of parks and recreation in your community and
- Policy Platform - Legislative Platform for NRPA's advocacy efforts.
- Advocacy Resource Center- From fact sheets and issue briefs, to reports and analysis, to NRPA submitted testimony and official comments, this one stop shop will provide you with all of the tools you need to be an effective advocate for parks and recreation.
- Advocacy Action Center - Send messages
directly to your members of Congress, learn the status of key legislation, and take direct action to advance the parks and recreation movement.
Insider - NRPA's online advocacy newsletter. Stay informed on federal legislation, national policy developments, and breaking
news of importance to parks and recreation. Here you will find the most
recent edition of Advocacy Insider as well as archived issues.
- Urban Parks Coalition - A coalition to support urban parks and the critical role they play in building healthy, livable, and sustainable communities.
- Contact NRPA's Public Policy Team - Contact
information for the NRPA Public Policy office.
- Advocacy Training Module - The Power of
You Becoming an Advocate.