Written by: Lauren Hoffmann, Senior Public Relations and Communications Manager, NRPA.
I love lists. I am one of those people that make a list and then I create a list for my list. No really, I have done this – just ask anyone on the Marketing, Communications and Magazine team here at NRPA Headquarters! With a list, I feel like I have everything I need in one place. Lists help keep things organized and simplified.
Well, true to my list-making passion, I’ve created a list of all the 2013 NRPA Congress and Exposition resources that any attendee and non-attendee alike can benefit from. Right here in this list are all the resources you might be looking for in one place! (Cue happy dance!)
1. One-Stop Congress Shop: The Congress Resource center available on NRPA Connect (see top right) is a great place to go to get session handouts and much more. Just log in and this online resource center becomes your hub for all things Congress 2013.
2. Congress Videos: Want to hear from NRPA leaders about their vision for the future of the community park and recreation field? Or perhaps see your agency take the stage as a Gold Medal Grand Plaque winner? We recorded the Opening General Session and the videos are available. Please take note that video of the keynote speaker, Jeremy Gutsche, is not available however he has provided tons of great resources just for NRPA members!
If you haven’t watched, take a look at the daily video blogs that chronicle two attendees and their experience at Congress this year. Want to be a video blogger next year? Just let us know!
3. Photos: We love taking pictures at Congress and capturing all of our members learning, networking and just plain enjoying themselves. Browse through our photos. Can you find yourself? We captured photos during many of the special events and award ceremonies that took place so if you or your agency is among the winners, look for your photo! Photos are categorized so you can easily find what you are looking for. Just right click the photo and download for free. IMPORTANT: if you use any of the photos on social media or for promotion you must credit Caught in the Moment Photography.
Happy attendees at the 2013 NRPA Congress and Exposition. Credit: Caught in the Moment Photography.
4. Photo Booth Fun: Did you happen to step into the fun photo booth during the meeting – either when you visited the Community Center or at the Closing celebrating? We’ve got all the photos from the booth (and some other general photos) available so you can download and share on social media (Use #NRPACongress).
5. CEUs: If you were not able to join us at Congress and didn’t get a chance to check out Congress LIVE! during Congress week, don’t worry, you haven’t missed out. Congress LIVE! is now available in an “on-demand” format so you can access the sessions, learn and earn! Now’s a good time as any to take advantage and earn up to 1.0 CEUs.
6. Great Ideas: This is what Congress is all about isn’t it? So if you have a great idea for an education session or 20-minute Speed Session, submit your proposals! This year was the first time I have ever led an education session and I have to admit it was pretty darn satisfying! Gather up your idea, put it into an outline with the key learning objectives and hit send by November 15.
So there you have it, my list of essential resources from the 2013 NRPA Congress and Exposition. I hope you enjoy this list as much as I do and I hope you’ll plan to join us for next year’s NRPA Congress and Exposition in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comments below or chat with us on Twitter or Facebook!